I've been using this laptop since September of last year and it's about time I dropped a review on it. I bought the MSI GE70 as I needed an all round good system to use while abroad and it fit the bill nicely. A nifty laptop good for making music, playing games and just about everything else you could need it for! It even surpassed my PC making it possible to creating even longer mixes with the 8gb of ram.
CPU: Intel Core i7-3610QM
VGA: Nvidia GeForce GTX 660M / 2GB GDDR5
LED Panel: 17.3'' FHD, 1920x1080 (Non-Glare Type)
RAM: DDRIII 8GB(4GB*2)
HDD: 750GB 7200RPM
- Turbo button / function allows the laptop to increase and decrease power usage via the CPU clock speed.
- The screen is nicely sized which makes it great for watching movies.
- Runs games like BF3, Age of Chivalry, CS GO, Dota 2, Sleeping Dogs and pretty much most modern games with no problem on medium settings, 1920x1080 with AA off.
- The wireless is pretty strong in this one. Reached my neighbour's internet no problem ;)
- Works great with FL Studio and Sony Vegas Pro.
- Camera is pretty good for Skype calls.
- It's portable.
- Struggled with Natural Selection 2 especially when it came out back in winter last year. The game was highly unoptimized and for a while I had to play at 800x600 resolution.
- Without the fan running at max speed, it tends to get hot while playing most games.
- If you don't have headphones on when the fan runs at max speed, you're gonna have a bad time.
- The inbuilt microphone causes static/problems when talking to some people on Skype and isn't the best. It's too close to the fan which causes problems when gaming and using voice comm.
All in all, it's a great laptop if you're going to be using it for heavy duty stuff. If you're not really into your games, then it would be wiser to go for something cheaper or get yourself a PC. I'd give this laptop a 9/10 as it has exceeded my expectations but unfortunately the trouble with the microphone makes it a bit of a nuisance when Skyping people.